How Much Is A/C Repair?
A faulty air conditioner is not only frustrating, but the process can also be expensive. Homeowners should be aware of the cost associated with A/C unit repair Perkinston, MS, so they can budget for this type of home maintenance.
The average cost to repair an air-cooling unit is $320, with most homeowners spending between $200 and $400. This price includes both the parts needed for the repair and the labor costs associated with the job. However, there are a few factors that can influence the final cost of A/C repair, including:
- The type of air conditioner: Central air conditioning systems tend to be more expensive to repair than portable units.
- The severity of the problem: A minor issue like a faulty thermostat may only cost a few hundred dollars to repair, while a more serious problem like a compressor failure could cost upwards of $1,000.
- The unit’s location: If your air conditioner is located in a difficult-to-reach place, expect to shell out extra dollars.
- The technician’s experience: Hiring a licensed and experienced A/C repair technician will likely cost more than hiring a handyman or novice contractor.
Common problems requiring A/C repair include leaking coolant, a frozen evaporator, a faulty compressor, refrigerant leaks, and sensors or wiring issues. If your unit is having any of these problems, you should call an HVAC pro as soon as possible. Attempting to fix the problem yourself could further damage your air conditioner and make more expensive repairs.
Don’t Ignore the Warning Signs!
Is your A/C starting to show signs of wear and tear, such as reduced airflow? This may indicate immediate repair or replacement. Ignoring these signs will make your unit less effective and lead to a complete system breakdown.
Other than reduced airflow, be on the lookout for these warning signs:
- Frozen coils: If the coils on your A/C unit are frozen, it could be a sign of low refrigerant levels.
- Leaking coolant: A small leak in your A/C’s coolant lines may not seem like a big deal, but it can quickly turn into a much larger and more expensive problem.
- Strange noises: Unusual sounds coming from your unit could indicate that a part is loose or something is broken.
- Higher energy bills: If your air conditioner is working harder than usual to cool your home, it will use more energy and cause your energy bills to go up.
Contact North Bay’s licensed A/C repair technicians right away! We are available 24 hours for emergency home A/C repair in Perkinston, MS, and can typically have a technician to your home within an hour. They will quickly diagnose the problem and provide you with a written estimate for the repair. Call (228) 392-5092!
About North Bay Heating and Air
North Bay Heating and Air is a family-owned business that was established in 1989. We are a full-service heating and air conditioning company that is licensed and insured. All of our employees attend training classes throughout the year and are highly skilled and take pride in their jobs. We service most makes and models of equipment. Our pricing is competitive with no hidden fees ever. We strive to provide our customers with the best service and installations available.
We are committed to ensuring that all of our customers are completely satisfied with our products and services. We approach every job with a “Do it right the first time” attitude to help ensure your system gives you many years of service.