According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, the leading cause of accidental death in the United States is carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. The Center for Disease Control also reported that nearly 15,000 people were sent to emergency rooms due to CO poisoning and 480 of them died. To keep you safe from this deadly attack, Northbay Heating & Air is here to offer you some helpful tips. Here are the steps on how you can avoid carbon monoxide poisoning this fall.
- Clean Your Fireplaces and Vents
- Do Not Operate Your Engines in a Closed Area
- Sign Up for Annual Maintenance
- Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Maintain Your CO Alarms Regularly