Are you planning to replace your oil furnace? The experts at Northbay Heating and Air can help you find the right heating system. While it’s true that oil furnace is effective in warming your home this winter, there are still complications in deciding if it’s better to replace it with other efficient heating alternatives. Consider these pros and cons of oil furnace replacement.
- There is wide availability of oil furnaces and they work at same level of efficiency with some gas furnaces.
- Newer oil furnace can bring energy cost savings.
- There are also lesser carbon emissions for newer oil furnaces.
- Operation can be costly as compared to other heating alternatives.
- Oil price can unpredictably rise and create a complicated budget management.
Benefits of Oil to Gas Furnace Conversion
Oil furnace system makes sense when oil is cheap, but there are other heating alternatives whose operations are as efficient as and more eco-friendly than that, such as gas furnaces. If you’re considering a switch from oil to gas furnace, here are the benefits that you can enjoy:
- Lower heating bills: Natural gas is sometimes 5 times cheaper than oil. Shifting to gas furnaces can pay you back by lowering your heating expenses.
- Improved convenience. As compared to oil furnace system, natural gas is delivered through underground tanks installed directly to your home which reduces the chance of spills, odors or late fuel deliveries due to bad weather.
- Environmentally conscious. Gas furnace is more eco-friendly than oil furnace because it releases 40%less carbon dioxide and no sulfur dioxide making it the cleanest fossil fuel to use.
- Abundant supply. Natural gas is easily accessible if your home needs a gas furnace replacement because it is locally available in the country. It’s a good choice if you want to take part in reducing the country’s dependence to foreign oil.
- Increases home value. Many home buyers prefer homes heated with natural gas. An oil to gas conversion can really make your home on top of the list with increased home value.
Factors Affecting Oil To Gas Conversion Cost
- Gas line requirement
- Old oil infrastructure removal
- Gas furnace installation
- Replacement of some appliances if needed
- Operating costs
- Maintenance costs
- Repair costs
If you’re planning to have an oil to gas furnace switch, it’s important to hire only professional technicians such as the experts at Northbay Heating and Air to guarantee proper service at reasonable cost.